Many of our Frequently Asked Questions are supplied below.
Please View our Guest Policy information.
To ensure the wellbeing and health of all guests, employees and vendors it is required to wear face coverings in all areas of the resort. Camelback Resort is following all CDC and state guidelines. It is now required by the state of Pennsylvania that by entering any business individuals should wear face coverings.
- Camelbeach/Aquatopia: Guests are required to wear a face covering upon entrance to the waterparks. Once in the waterpark guest are not required to wear a face covering while enjoying the water activities. However, guest are required to wear face coverings when in bathroom areas, locker/changing areas, and all at food and beverage areas until they sit down to eat. We also ask that you wear a face covering if you are in any of the lounging areas.
- Lodge: Face coverings are to be worn throughout the entire resort, especially in retail, arcade and food/beverage outlets. Exception is once guests are seated at a table to eat, they may remove their face coverings, but should place them back on when walking to and from their table. Guest are required to wear face coverings in all areas, including when walking in the lobby hallways or on elevators.
- Mountain Adventures: Face coverings are required upon arrival to CMA for adventure check-in and between adventures. They are not required while enjoying your adventures.
Any individual who is age 2 and older is required to wear a face covering during their time at Camelback Resort. Should you have a medical condition that prevents you from wearing a face covering, you will not be required to wear one.
Upon arrival to the property all guests, vendors and employees will go through a wellness screening at the main entrance. This will include observation for overt symptoms and taking each person’s temperature with a no-touch infrared thermometer.
We want to assure you that we are working to create a smooth and seamless process for everyone while practicing physical distancing with limited physical interactions.
- Clear plexiglass barriers installed at each front desk workstation and at the concierge desk.
- Guests will be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from other groups of people not traveling with them while standing in lines, using elevators or moving around the property.
In an abundance of care, during this on-going situation we are suspending all Valet and Bell Services.
- All parking lots will be open for guest self-parking.
- Bell carts and self-service luggage carts will be available and sanitized
There will be limited housekeeping services available upon request, however we have created a new procedure to ensure limited interaction between guests and employees.
- Should you need fresh linens, they will be provided to your room in a sealed bag along with a second bag for used linen. All used linen or towels are to be placed into the empty bag and left outside your door for housekeeping to collect.
- All guest amenities to be packaged before being placed in room.
Currently we will be limiting the operations for F&B in order to ensure service and guest safety.
- Food & Beverage outlets with indoor dining will be limited to 50% occupancy
- In order to purchase an alcoholic beverage at Camelback Lodge bar or restuarants, patrons must provide a time stamped receipt with food purchase within an house of the time of current purchase for alcoholic beverage, otherwise beverage will have to be consumed in your hotel room.
- We have created the highest standards to ensure physical distancing. Restaurant tables and other physical layouts will be arranged to ensure appropriate distancing.
- Please note that we have moved to cashless transaction where possible to help ensure the health safety of guests and employees.
The following outlets will be open:
- Trails End –
- Open for dinner 5pm - 11pm
- Guests can make reservations on open table
- Graffiti Pizza – Will be open for takeout only from Hemispheres 11:30am - 11pm
- World Bazzaar- Open for coffee and grab and go takeout.
- Hemispheres- Open for breakfast 7am-11am
- Neptunes- Eat in and take out 12pm-8pm
• All chefs are ServSafe certified. This is a national program to teach safe-food preparation and handling.
• Food to be served by Camelback Employees
• All plate ware, service ware; cup ware will be single use disposable
• No bar seating available.
• Stanchions set to allow for social distancing line queuing protocol enacted.
• Guests can order and pick up beverages.
We continue our extreme cleaning procedures within the waterpark, these techniques are our daily practices for ensuring the safety and health of our guests.
- Chemicals and safety protocol for all pools, rides and slides meet and exceed industry standards.
- As the CDC states, "There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs. Proper operation, maintenance and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine and bromine) of pools and hot tubs should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19."
- No pairing of different parties in group rafts.
- Chaise lounge chairs and Cabanas to be sanitized
- Cabanas to be pressure washed
- Towel desk, entry kiosks and all other desks and counters to be sanitized
- Lifeguard stands to be sanitized
We have continued best in class cleanliness and safety practices in addition to requirements set by the CDC and local government. We continue to develop protocols to offer the ultimate safe, clean and fun environment.
CAMELBEACH WILL OPEN ONLY 50% OCCUPANCY TO PROVIDE PLENTY OF SPACE.
All guests to Camelbeach are required to wear a face covering when entering the park and while in any building facilities. Face coverings are not required while enjoying the water activities or while seated for eating. We do ask that you wear a mask walking to and from your table to eat.
- Camelbeach will be cashless, transactions are encouraged to be paid by credit card only
- Lines will be marked with appropriate physical distancing intervals as a visual indicator.
- Seating area, will be arranged in family style “pods“ located appropriately distanced from any other groups.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be placed all over the park.
- No pairing of different parties in group rafts.
- Chaise lounge chairs and Cabanas to be sanitized
- Cabanas to be pressure washed
- Appointments are spaced out with additional time in between to properly sanitize each treatment room
- All work stations will be disinfected after each treatment
- Plastic sheets will be placed over all treatment tables
- Guests will change directly in the treatment room before the technician enters
- Facials, face treatments, face waxing, and stone massages are currently unavailable
- Technicians are required to wear facemasks at all times
Camelback Resort Team Members will undergo COVID Safety & Sanitation Protocol Training before guest arrive on site.
- Appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) will be worn by all employees based on their role and responsibilities and in adherence with state or local regulations and guidance.
- All associates will be provided a mask and required to wear that mask while on property.
- Gloves will be provided to associates whose responsibilities require them as determined by medical experts including housekeeping, public area attendants and security officers in direct contact with guests.
Our team understands you may feel concerns in planning to travel currently, we want to provide flexibility and reassurance to our guests. If you have an upcoming reservation and wish to rebook, you will be able to apply your deposit to any future stay up through April 1st, 2021. In association with this, you may cancel at any time for any reason from time of booking up until 72 hours prior to arrival. If you cancel less than 72 hours prior to arrival the deposit will be forfeited.
Camelback Resort has been a part of the local community for over 50 years. We've seen good times and hard times. This is certainly one of the hardest, but we’re in this together! Camelback Cares is a program that [CamelbackResort.com/Cares] supports our local community, frontline workers and associates with resources and special rate plans.
Our staff will discreetly offer a secondary wellness screening by a Camelback EMT. There a second temperature reading will be taken, should there be a fever, the party will be directed to medical care and provided with information based on the CDC, State and Local guidance. No one within the party will be given access to the resort. Should this take place Camelback will provide a refund for the guest’s stay.
We will have a wellness station set up on site where our staff will discreetly offer you a wellness screening, should a fever or other symptom be observed we will direct you to medical care and provided with information based on the CDC, State and Local guidance. We will then offer a refund on any portion of the reservation not utilized.
If your reservation was cancelled (stays March 17 – June 11, 2020) and you wish to rebook at a future stay, we will honor your reservation. Availability for these new stays will be through April 1st, 2021. Please call 855.515.1283 and our reservations team will be happy to assist you. As you can imagine, call wait time may be higher than ideal, so you can also reach the team by email at email@example.com with any other questions you may have.
Camelback Lodge has:
- 453 rooms (from single room suites up to 3 bedroom suites)
- Aquatopia, a 125,000 sq ft indoor waterpark (with 7 pools, 13 slides, a FlowRider, adventure river, etc.)
- 30,000 sq ft indoor, dry adventure center (with ropes course, minigolf, laser tag, over 100 arcade games and more!)
- 22,000 sq ft of meeting and event space
- Multiple dining options
- Adult & kid spa
Yes! Please click here to view a PDF version of our Guest Policies. Please feel free to download or print this document for future reference.
Please peruse this website, it has a lot of great information regarding Camelback Resort or contact our Call Center at (855) 515-1283.
By Air or By Bus.
- By Air: There are different airports within a two hour drive in Northeast Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York. Two are below:
- Allentown, PA Click Here for Lehigh Valley International Airport (about a 45 min drive to the property)
- Newark, NJ Click Here for Newark Liberty International Airport (about an hour and 15 min drive to the property)
- By Bus: There is a bus that departs from Port Authority, New York and travels to two locations close to Camelback Resort, Mt. Pocono or Mt Airy Casino. Here is a link to Martz Trailways, a bus company. From there you could take a taxi to the resort, Mountain Taxi is a local cab company, their number is (570) 839-2222.
Yes, we offer WiFi internet service to support multiple devices.
Camelback Lodge and Aquatopia Indoor Waterpark is a nonsmoking facility. This includes all guest rooms, meeting rooms, patios and balconies. Designated smoking areas are located outside of the Lodge.
Yes we offer 22,000 sq. ft of meeting space in 5 ballrooms, breakout rooms and an intimate boardroom/brides room. View our Groups & Meetings info.
For the health and comfort of all our guests, we do not allow any pets into the Lodge. Service animals as defined by the ADA are allowed in all areas of the resort. For the health and safety of our guests, services animals are not allowed in the pools and attractions of the waterpark.
Guests are free to enjoy outside food & beverage in their guest rooms. Outside food & beverage is not permitted inside Aquatopia. Restaurant and concession seating areas are for Lodge Food and Beverage use only. Outside food and beverage, pizza parties or small group gatherings, are not permitted in these areas, unless authorized through the Camelback Lodge Group Sales office.
Wheeled Vehicles not for handicapped use are prohibited inside the Lodge. This includes, but is not limited to, hover boards, bicycles, roller blades, skateboards, etc. Feel free to ride around outside, the scenery is beautiful!
Your adventure doesn’t have to end when you leave Aquatopia, but shoes, shirt and/or swim suit coverups are required when walking through the lobby, dining in any restaurant, or any public area outside of Aquatopia.
Yes, quiet hours are from 11:00PM-7:00AM. For the comfort and enjoyment of all guests, we ask that you please keep noise levels to a minimum during these hours.
Starting Friday July 31st, If you will be arriving by car, standard overnight self-parking is $25 per night, per car plus tax, which will be applied at check in. Permit must be displayed until departure and is valid in all lots.
We have single room suites as well as suites with 1, 2 and 3 private bedrooms, including some loft units. We also have suites with full kitchens and fireplaces. View our lodging page for full descriptions and layouts. Remember, Aquatopia Indoor Waterpark is included with your stay.
Check-In: Begins at 4:00PM, or earlier if your room becomes available. If you arrive early, feel free to enjoy all of our activities and attractions. You can access Aquatopia as early as 12:30PM; lockers and changing rooms are available.
Check-Out: Check-out is at 11:00AM. Once you check-out, you can continue to enjoy our activities and attractions for the remainder of the day. Requests for late checkouts are accepted, but not guaranteed depending on hotel occupancy. Please call the front desk from your guest room to see if a late checkout is available for your room.
Yes, Camelback Lodge is an advance deposit hotel. To guarantee your reservation, we require the first night’s lodging, taxes, and resort fee to be billed to a major credit card at the time of reservation. The same credit card must be presented along with a valid photo ID at the time of check-in. The credit card will remain on file during your stay, so if any incidental charges are placed to the room from any of the resort amenities, it will be charged at check-out. If you wish to pay by cash or another credit card, please be sure to settle up with the front desk prior to 11 am on the day of check-out.
If you choose to cancel your reservation for any reason, less than 72 hours prior to 4pm on the date of arrival, the entire deposit will be forfeited. You may change your dates for no fee; however, we can’t guarantee that the rates will be the same on the different date.
You must be at least 21 years of age to reserve or check into a room. All guests under 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Identification is required at check-in.
Aquatopia Indoor Waterpark
Aquatopia is 125,000 square feet and features a transparent roof, which allows sunlight in and the opportunity to tan year round. 13 slides, a wavepool, an adventure river, multilevel play and spray structures, toddler area, simulated surfing experience and food and beverage services, including a swim-up bar round out the action and adventures. Best of all - the temperature is always 84°.
- Venus SlydeTrap Waterslide is the only combination slide of its kind in the World.
- Storm Chaser Water Coaster is the longest indoor water coaster slide in the World.
- The Adventure River runs underground and is a highly themed attraction everyone will enjoy.
- Aquatopia is illuminated at night, but gently, to make the waterpark feel like evening. It's purely magical and unlike any other in the U.S.A.!
- And there's much, much more!
All children under the age of 12 must be supervised by an adult at all times. Although there are certified lifeguards on duty, parents are encouraged to stay with their children at all times regardless of age. The waterparks and other amenities contain features and elements that are not suitable for a child’s unsupervised participation.
Yes, lockers are available at the indoor waterpark and ski-in & ski-out check-in area for a nominal fee. We recommend keeping any larger items in your room or vehicle.
Towels are provided at Aquatopia indoor waterpark for you to use. A towel program has been implemented, please ask guest services if you have any questions.
Outside food & beverage is not permitted inside Aquatopia. Restaurant and concession seating areas are for Lodge Food and Beverage use only. Outside food and beverage, pizza parties or small group gatherings, are not permitted in these areas, unless authorized through the Camelback Lodge Group Sales office. If the food was purchased inside the hotel we will allow it inside Aquatopia as long as it’s not inside a glass container. There is no glass whatsoever allowed inside the waterpark. We do allow sealed bottles of water and baby formula (as long as it’s not in a glass container).
Aquatopia and Camelbeach reserves the right to close slides and attractions throughout the day due to weather, staffing, and the safety and security of our guests and employees.
Camelback Resort Attractions & Amenities
Yes! Camelback Lodge is the premier ski-in, ski-out, slopeside Lodge in Pennsylvania. The Stevenson high-speed quad lift, Raceway Triple Lift & The Glen Lift access a varieity of beginner, intermediate and advanced terrain along with Camelback's terrain park. Trails End Bar & Grille at Camelback Lodge sits just steps away from the snow and the Stevenson high-speed quad lift.
As the leading four-season resort in the Pocono Mountains, Camelback Lodge offers guests seasonal specials and packages that combine Lodge amenities and Camelback Resort's adventures and attractions. We urge you to check the Specials page for the latest offers.
Ski/snowboard equipment is not permitted in our guest rooms. We have a Ski Check area across from Trails End Pub & Grille. Upon arrival, one of our friendly ski valets will bring your equipment down to Ski Check for storage. When you are ready to hit the slopes, head down to Ski Check to pick up your equipment.
Seasonal Adventure Tickets are complimentary tickets included with certain packages. The choice of adventure changes depending on the season you stay during.
All Seasonal Adventures are weather permitting and follow Camelback weather policy. Winter Seasonal Adventures of Snowtubing & Ski Lift tickets are dependant upon weather and on the opening date for the 2019-2020 Ski Season, prior to the opening of our ski season we will offer the choices from the Fall Seasonal Adventures instead.
COMPLIMENTARY SEASONAL ADVENTURE TICKETS ARE NOT PROVIDED AND ARE NOT FOR USE ON THE FOLLOWING BLACK DATES: (11/28/19 - 11/30/19), (12/21/19 - 1/4/20), (1/17/20 - 1/19/20), (2/14/20 - 2/22/20). dURING BLACKOUT DATES LODGE GUESTS CAN PURCHASE DISCOUNTED TICKETS AT THE RESORT ADVENTURE CENTER DURING THE FALL AND WINTER STAYS.