CAMELBACK RESORT HEALTH AND SAFETY FACT SHEET
May 14, 2020
ADDRESS: 193 Resort Drive
Tannersville, PA 18372
PLANNED REOPENING DATE: June 11, 2020, with modified services; only 160 (35%) guest suites available
OVERVIEW: Camelback Resort is committed to responsible, physical distancing activities and operational processes throughout the property, including guestrooms, dining and its amusement attractions. To ensure a healthy and clean environment, the resort is closely monitoring government policy changes, Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines, government mandates and public health advancements to enhance health and sanitation procedures and protocols. Each department has its own customized and detailed set of procedures. Below is an outline of what Camelback Resort is doing to keep guests, employees and its community safe.
GUEST ARRIVAL PROCESS: Each guest will be met at the main entrance by a security officer for a wellness screening to include a temperature check with a no-touch infrared thermometer. Guests will be asked to use hand sanitizer, wear a face covering and comply with six-foot physical distancing policies. Appropriate signage will be displayed throughout the resort reminding guests of safe protocols with hand sanitizing stations placed every 50 to 100 feet. After screening, the following protocols are in place:
• Guests will enter the resort through no touch doors
• Employees will not open doors of cars or taxis
• A protected lobby greeter will provide each guest with an amenity bag to include a face covering, hand sanitizer and COVID-19 awareness card
• Guests check in at front desk with protected plexiglass screen between guest and front desk agent
• Guests will be provided with a one-time use wrist band to access guestrooms
• Valet and bell service have been temporarily suspended (guests can use bell carts, which are then sanitized after every use)
• Guest elevators will be supervised with button panels sanitized at regular intervals
GUESTROOMS: A small sanitizing kit containing disinfectant spray bottles and/or wipes will be provided in each room. Industry leading cleaning and sanitizing protocols are used to clean guestrooms with particular attention paid to high-touch items including television remote controls, toilet seats and handles, door and furniture handles, water faucet handles, nightstands, telephones, in-room control panels, light switches, temperature control panels, alarm clocks, luggage racks and flooring. Housekeeping will not enter guestrooms during the guest stay. Should guests need fresh linen or towels, they will be provided with a one-time use bag to place all used linens in and place outside their door for housekeeping to replace with a sealed bag of fresh linen and towels. Newspapers and magazines will continue to be provided through PressReader for guests to access on their own devices.
DINING: Camelback Resort will reduce seating capacities to allow for a minimum of six feet between each seated group/party of guests along with limited menus. Bar and lounge seating is not allowed, and buffet options have been removed. All cleaning and sanitizing protocols in the kitchen and restaurant have been enhanced using products approved for use and effective against viruses, bacteria and other airborne and bloodborne pathogens. Napkin service is temporarily suspended, and all plates, service and cup ware will be single use disposable, along with menus.
Dining options include:
• Hemispheres: Located off the main lobby with beautiful mountain views, a family friendly restaurant open for lunch and dinner. Guests must call ahead to schedule seating.
• Colonial Commons: Limited lunch menu available.
• Graffiti Pizza: A New York graffiti-themed outlet featuring hand-tossed New York style pizzas, salads and limited menu items for to-go orders only. Guests must call in orders in advance. Open daily for dinner and located on the first floor next to the arcade.
• Flyboys: Grab-and-go lunch items and bar drinks are available.
• Neptunes: Right off the main lobby, open for dinner with a grocery-style market for grab-and-go items. Bar drinks also offered for grab-and-go.
AQUATOPIA: North America’s #1 Indoor Waterpark as voted by USA Today readers will have limited capacity due to physical distancing measures (maximum 560 at a time). Clearly marked signage and employees will help keep social distancing for guests standing in line or lounging. Other safety protocols include:
• Chaise lounges and cabanas assigned and arranged in accordance of physical distancing
• Chaise lounges and cabanas sanitized after each use
• Cabanas and furniture electrostatically sanitized overnight
• Chlorine levels manually checked continually by roving pool technician
• No pairing of different parties in group rafts
• Continual sanitization of changing rooms
PUBLIC SPACES: All public spaces such as retail stores, bathrooms, etc., to have continual sanitization and ongoing social distancing monitoring.
MEDIA CONTACT: Marguarite Clark Public Relations
Marguarite Clark, (949) 295-2801, email@example.com