Our Snowmakers create amazing conditions when Mother Nature takes a break!
Job Summary: In alignment with the Resort’s vision, mission, organizational values, and under the direction of the Manager of Snowmaking and Grooming, the Snowmaker/Grounds Crew will be responsible for making snow on all ski trails and the Tubing Park, as well as snowmaking maintenance, grounds keeping, snow removal and trail maintenance.
· Provide general maintenance to snowmaking, trails, Camelbeach and the overall appearance of the Resort.
· Set up snow guns and hoses as directed; report any gun or hose malfunction to Supervisor.
· Start guns when instructed. Monitor guns and adjust air and water mixture to produce optimal snow coverage.
· Assist in set up and take down of snow making apparatus.
· Troubleshoot problems related to snow gun placement or snow production quality.
· Maintain the overall appearance of the Resort during non-snowmaking periods.
· Assist the Manager of Snowmaking and Grooming in all daily Snowmaking and Grounds functions as assigned.
· Leadership, problem solving, organizational and communication skills required.
· Valid, current driver’s license preferred.
· Able to work well with others required.
· Strong customer service skills required.
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) preferred.
Generally Accountable for:
· Complying with all Company and departmental safety standards and dress code.
· Adhering to the Customer Service Standards of Camelback Mountain Resort as well as all Company policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
· Adhering to seasonal and daily Service Guidelines and Checklists.
· Communicating effectively with all members of the Camelback Mountain Resort team.
· Participating in the business planning process for the department and the Resort.
· Actively supporting all Company initiatives.
Work Conditions and Schedule:
· Exposure to extreme temperatures and weather should be expected as work will, on most occasions, occur outdoors.
· Weekend and holiday availability is required as well as flexibility with work schedule.
· During peak seasons, the schedule may require a work week schedule over 40 hours per week, including nights.
This job description is to be considered a general outline of the duties and responsibilities of this position and is subject to changes and revisions by Camelback Resort at any time. Responsibilities are listed as guidelines only and the job is not necessarily limited to these specifications.