Food and Beverage
Job Title: Chef
Department: Food and Beverage
Reports to: Vice President of Food and Beverage
Paid to do what?: Responsible for ensuring that all meals are well prepared with regard to quality, consistency, eye appeal, taste and food cost. He/she is expected to provide training for all staff; meet corporate quality standards; and assist in establishing and enforcing food specifications, portion control, recipes and sanitation. The Chef is also responsible for controlling food and labor costs while maximizing guest satisfaction.
- Ensure preparation of required reports, including (but not limited to) wage progress, payroll, revenue, employee schedules, quarterly actions plans.
- Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the kitchen and food production areas; hot food from the main kitchen and bakery, and cold food from the pantry.
- Make cooks aware of daily forecasts and customer counts so that they can be adequately prepared to serve both hot and cold food on time.
- Work with the VP of F&B to create and implement menus.
- Design and employee cafeteria rotating menu and oversee cafeteria operations.
Next Level Duties (10 or fewer):
- Check all stations at the end of every shift for proper food storage and sanitation.
- Review and approve weekly payroll.
- Check food purchases for proper ordering, quality and price structure.
- Oversee daily activities such as preparation for all food items, sanitation of the outlets, receiving daily inventories, log-on report and food cost report.
- Prepare daily food production sheets.
- Cut meat, poultry, seafood according to daily business.
Must Have Personal Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- College degree or course work in related field preferred.
- A combination of education and progressive professional experience totaling 6 years.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Flexible schedule
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
More About Camelback:
Voted #1 Indoor Waterpark in the USA and #1 Ski Resort in Pennsylvania, Camelback Resort encompasses more year-round amenities than any other mountain resort in the country; adventure on the zip lines, ropes course, mountain coaster and more with fun for the entire family.
We are seeking enthusiastic and energetic individuals to join our team. Camelback Resort offers competitive wages, generous benefits (including health insurance, vacation, and 401K), and INCREDIBLE PERKS; such as complimentary access to Camelbeach, Aquatopia, and over 15 area amusement parks and attractions. Don’t waste time; apply today!
This job description is to be considered a general outline of the duties and responsibilities of this position and is subject to changes and revisions by Camelback Resort at any time. Responsibilities are listed as guidelines only and the job is not necessarily limited to these specifications.