Vice President of Marketing
Sales and Marketing
In alignment with the Resort’s vision, mission, organizational values, the Vice President of Marketing will assist in the brand direction, marketing strategy and advertising for the four-season attractions at Camelback Resort, Camelback Lodge & Aquatopia Indoor Waterpark, Ski Mountain, Snow Tubing, Dining, Camelbeach, Camelback Mountain Adventures, and other ancillary offerings and events in order to achieve aggressive revenue and business goals. The ideal candidate will possess a strong understanding of consumer mindset in the ski, hospitality or amusement/waterpark industry and have experience building a brand. We seek an individual who possesses a data-driven marketing mindset, yet is an out-of-the-box thinker, with a consistent and proven ability to develop and execute effective strategies while developing and managing strong high-performing teams.
· Lead a large and dynamic marketing team, including, but not limited to Senior Marketing Managers, Graphic Designer, Digital Specialists, Video/Photo Specialist, and Events/Activities
· Create, plan, implement and measure the marketing and sales strategies in accordance with the overall organizational business objectives
· Implement and monitor execution of the annual marketing plan and the strategies, tactics and resources necessary to achieve goals and success. Focus on increasing topline revenues, market awareness and resort growth/expansion
· Assist in the creation and oversight of an institutional and system-wide marketing reporting function that can track, measure and analyze performance. Ensure all marketing communications are coordinated and are an effective expenditure of resources
· Research, analyze and monitor various marketing, financial and demographic factors so that marketing opportunities may be captured/optimized and the effects of competitive activity may be minimized
· Create, manage and continually seek improvement of property websites to include best in class visuals, technical integrations, user experience and e-commerce optimization
· Continually evaluate digital campaigns/promotions and revenue generation using industry leading metrics and measurement tools
· Interface, manage and coordinate work with advertising agencies, public relations firms, media buying companies, printers, photographers, etc., and maintain excellent relations with all staff
· Support group sales effort to provide marketing initiatives that generate qualified leads
· Assist in the management of a comprehensive communications and public relations program that will enhance the organization’s image and position within the marketplace
· Direct and shape the CRM team’s data capture and integration for email, direct mail, and SMS push, with resort-level marketing strategies and sound analytics
· Identify opportunities and drive the tracking of Guest data across all touch points to customize the experience, drive revenue and improve loyalty and satisfaction
· Evolve customer segmentation; behavioral, demographic, predictive and motivational by leveraging guest data and insights
· Monitor the competitive landscape and market conditions to identify opportunities, issues, and risks, in order to form tactical strategies
· Manage all marketing spend to align with forecast and budget direction
· Provide marketing budget oversight for advertising buys, event creation and implementation
· Create, manage and coordinate online marketing programs, including paid and unpaid. Use appropriate industry metrics and measurement tools to continually assess and measure the results of these programs and the impact on revenue generation
· Fully participate in professional societies and activities related to the hospitality industry and the marketing profession
· Gain involvement in local community organizations, as appropriate, to represent Camelback Resort
· Develop and manage marketing team, capable of carry out the necessary marketing programs, strategies and tactics; and complete team’s annual job performance evaluations in a timely manner
· Serve as a productive member of the resort’s Executive Committee
· Strategic thinker and strong executer -- “Big picture” mentality, but comfortable immersing in details
· Astute, pragmatic business professional; business-fluent and purposeful
· Innate intelligence and common sense
· High level of energy, passion and enthusiasm
· Insatiable appetite for information; well-read and informed in regard to industry and consumer trends
· Confident and self-assured; willing to initiate dialogue with anyone
· Positive attitude, Creative, and problem solver
· Highly communicative and a great listener
· Open-mined and approachable
· Self-directed and disciplined at working independently
· Focused and well organized; able to prioritize; Flexible/multi-task and delegate effectively
· Proactive, action-oriented; works smart
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field required; advanced degree preferred.
· 12+ years’ experience in marketing required.
· Demonstrated experience managing revenue and expense financials and budgeting/forecasting
· Strong organizational, leadership and project management skills are required. Must be able to lead a large team, think strategically, and handle multiple projects.
· At least 7-10 years prior management experience required. 5+ years leading large (10+) marketing teams preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to drive the achievement of business goals through aligning people, process, structure, information and communication systems in a rapidly growing/dynamic market(s).
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) required.
Generally accountable for:
· Complying with all Company safety standards.
· Adhering to the Customer Service Standards of Camelback Resort as well as all Company policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
· Communicating effectively with all members of the Camelback Resort team.
· Participating in the business planning process for the department and the Resort.
· Actively supporting all Company initiatives.
Work Conditions and Schedule:
· Exposure to hot/cold temperatures and weather should be expected as work will, on occasion, occur outdoors.
· Weekend and holiday availability is required as well as flexibility with work schedule.
· The scope of the position may sometimes require a work week over 40 hours, including nights.
This job description is to be considered a general outline of the duties and responsibilities of this position and is subject to changes and revisions by Camelback Resort at any time. Responsibilities are listed as guidelines only and the job is not necessarily limited to these specifications.Apply Now