Chef - Trails End Pub and Grille
Food and Beverage
Responsible for ensuring that all meals coming from the outlet are well prepared with regard to quality, consistency, eye appeal, taste and food cost. He/she is expected to provide training for all staff; meet corporate quality standards; and assist in establishing and enforcing food specifications, portion control, recipes and sanitation. The Chef is also responsible for controlling food and labor costs while maximizing guest satisfaction.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work with other F&B managers and keep them informed of F&B issues as they arise.
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
- Coordinate and monitor all phases of loss prevention in kitchen areas.
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Monitor quality of all food product and presentation.
- Ensure preparation of required reports, including (but not limited to) wage progress, payroll, revenue, employee schedules, quarterly actions plans.
- Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the kitchen and food production areas; hot food from the main kitchen and bakery, and cold food from the pantry.
- Make cooks aware of daily forecasts and customer counts so that they can be adequately prepared to serve both hot and cold food on time.
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with SOP’s in all outlets.
- Ensure compliance with requisition procedures.
- Conduct staff performance reviews in accordance with Hotel standards.
- Understand, implement and monitor corporate promotions in outlets, including buffet and three-meal concept standards.
- Know and enforce all local health department sanitation laws.
- Work with the Director of F&B to create and implement menus.
- Design and employee cafeteria rotating menu and oversee cafeteria operations.
- Assess food portion size, visual appeal, taste and temperature of items served.
- Check all stations at the end of every shift for proper food storage and sanitation.
- Review and approve weekly payroll.
- Check food purchases for proper ordering, quality and price structure.
- Oversee daily activities such as preparation for all food items, sanitation of the outlets, receiving daily inventories, log-on report and food cost report.
- Prepare daily food production sheets.
- Cut meat, poultry, seafood according to daily business.
- Attending staff meetings, morning meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- College degree or course work in related field preferred.
- A combination of education and progressive professional experience totaling 6 years
- F&B preparation techniques
- Health department rules and regulations
- Must be proficient in Windows, Excel Spreadsheets, and Word Processing
- Must exhibit time management and attention to detail skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently
- Follow and enforce all hotel standards
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends & holidays.Apply Now