LIFEGUARD OPERATIONS MANAGER
What would Camelbeach be without our amazing Lifeguards?? Come manage the best of the best!
In alignment with the Resort’s mission, vision, organizational values, and under the direction of the Director of Waterpark Operations, the Lifeguard Operations Manager will be responsible for all aspects of Camelbeach Mountain Waterpark Lifeguard team including planning, budgeting, staffing and payroll. The Lifeguard Operations Manager is responsible for maintaining a level of service that exceeds guest expectations and ensures a positive working environment for all staff.
1. Participate in Lifeguard Operations team recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and onboarding processes.
2. Facilitate all Ellis & Associates Lifeguard Training programs and ensure completion of all team members.
3. Facilitate all weekly safety meeting program delivery and documentation.
4. Assist with in-service training agendas and implementation planning weekly, monthly, seasonally.
5. Monitor completion of checklists, and tracking of trainings as required by Ellis & Associates.
6. Responsible for the content and delivery of daily morning huddles.
7. Attend weekly staff meetings and effectively communicate pertinent information.
8. Administer coaching and set improvement goals for staff as needed.
9. Responsible for all lifeguard operations related uniform items ordering, receiving, and distribution.
10. Responsible for the install, maintenance, and removal of all lifeguard station tools, and equipment.
11. Directly support and supervise the administrative staff, supervisors and lead guards in the operation of the Waterpark facilities.
12. Develop and monitor work schedules within the established budgetary guidelines.
13. Actively participate with Safety Committee to uphold the highest levels of employee safety.
14. Maintain a general knowledge of the entire Resort operation and participate in the Manager on Duty program.
15. Maintain a working knowledge of all mechanical systems within the aquatic facility.
16. Coordinate with the marketing department for any waterpark events.
17. Responsible for in-season and post season inventory and storage of all lifeguard related items.
18. Responsible for seasonal debrief information collection and submission.
19. Coordinate seasonal performance evaluations for lifeguard and waterpark attendant Employees.
20. Complete seasonal performance evaluations for Supervisory and lead lifeguard Employees.
21. Assist the General Manager and Director of Waterpark Operations in all other Aquatics functions as assigned.
· 3-5 years Supervisory/Managerial experience in the guest service industry required.
· 3-5 years of lifeguard experience required.
· Experience with team building exercise administration preferred.
· Ability to work well with others required.
· Strong customer service and guest recovery skills required.
· Long term team and business development planning abilities.
· Valid driver’s license preferred.
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) required.
· Experience with Kronos time keeping system preferred.
· Knowledge of waterpark industry standards, as well as applicable Department of Health and Pa. department of Agriculture rides and measurements information required.
· Working knowledge of Model Aquatic Health Code recommendations.
· Ability to develop working knowledge of WeatherSentry turf addition.
· Demonstrated ability to motivate and lead team members to achieve organizational goals required.
· Strong general knowledge of computers, various electronic devices, and various software preferred.
· Excellent organizational skills for keeping detailed records, reports, and logs.
· Demonstrated ability to visually assess and evaluate safety hazards in the work place required.
· Ellis & Associates Licensed Instructor certification required. Special facilities level preferred.
· Certified Pool Operator certification, or willingness to train, preferred.
Generally accountable for:
· Complying with all Company and departmental dress code and safety standards.
· Providing the highest levels Comprehensive Aquatic risk management.
· Adhering to the Customer Service Standards of Camelback Resort as well as all Company policies as outlined in the Employee playbook.
· Adhering to daily, weekly, monthly and seasonal Service Guidelines and Checklists.
· Communicating effectively with all members of the Camelback Resort team.
· Participating in the business planning process for the department and the Resort.
· Actively supporting all Company initiatives.
Work Conditions and Schedule:
· Exposure to extreme temperatures and weather should be expected as work will occur outdoors.
· Weekend and holiday availability is required as well as flexibility with work schedule.
· During peak seasons, the schedule may require a work week schedule over 40 hours per week, including nights.
This job description is to be considered a general outline of the duties and responsibilities of this position and is subject to changes and revisions by Camelback Resort at any time. Responsibilities are listed as guidelines only and the job is not necessarily limited to these specifications.