WE HAVE MOTHER NATURE BEAT WHEN IT COMES TO SNOW... BE A VITAL PART OF THE TEAM THAT MAKES IT HAPPEN!
In alignment with the resort’s vision, mission and organizational values, and under the direction of the Snowmaking Manager, the Snowmaking Supervisor is responsible and accountable for supervising safe operation of the snowmaking system by both seasonal and FTYR snowmakers. During winter, duties include supervising shift snowmaking operations. During off-season duties include overseeing snowmaking staff in a number of varied jobs: snowmaking maintenance, grounds and landscaping, mountain construction, and water park set-up and tear down.
· Implement and distribute work tasks for the day.
· Ensure all staff are working in a safe manner and using applicable PPE.
· Ensure proper tools and supplies are gathered for the day, properly used, and put away when tasks are complete.
· Set staff schedules and hold employees accountable to them.
· Communicate to the Snowmaking Manager any needs for the department.
· Assist in all tasks and duties required of the Snowmaking Manager.
· 3+ years of snowmaking and/or mountain operations experience required.
· Prior experience in a supervisory or leadership role preferred.
· Computer skills including Microsoft Office and industry specific programs required.
· Ability to lead a team to stay on task and achieve goals required.
· Excellent communication skills required.
· Current, valid driver’s license preferred.
Generally accountable for:
· Develops and actively uses Service Guidelines and Checklists
· Communicates safe work practices to the department and holds staff accountable for safety
· Actively participates in the business planning process for the department
· Assists with annual departmental goals, objectives, and budgets
· Assist in the hiring, training, and retention of all staff
· Help identify key members of the team and make career development a priority
Work Conditions and Schedule:
· Exposure to extreme temperatures and weather should be expected as work will, on most occasions, occur outdoors.
· Weekend and holiday availability is required as well as flexibility with work schedule.
· During peak seasons, the schedule may require a work week schedule over 40 hours per week, including nights.
This job description is to be considered a general outline of the duties and responsibilities of this position and is subject to changes and revisions by Camelback Mountain Resort at any time. Responsibilities are listed as guidelines only and the job is not necessarily limited to these specifications.