Lead Line Cook
Food and Beverage
Responsible for supervising and assisting in the preparation of all food items for outlet, while maintaining the highest standards to produce an appealing and appetizing product. He/she is also responsible for ensuring the cleanliness, sanitation and safety in the kitchen, and storage areas while minimizing waste and maximizing cost/production ratio.
Duties and responsibilities
- Have thorough working knowledge of menus and preparation required to produce food according to hotel standards.
- Assist in controlling costs by maintaining food cost within budgeted guidelines.
- Ensure the completion of necessary food and station preparations prior to opening the restaurant in order to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently during operating hours.
- Ensure the completion and display of buffet items according to hotel standards.
- Assist and supervise on kitchen line during restaurant operating hours to maintain the highest standards of efficiency, productivity, and quality. Be able to support any position in the kitchen that is in need of help.
- Ensure that food is prepared following hotel standard recipes.
- Be familiar with all kitchen tools and equipment to include: Electric slicer, buffalo chopper, commercial blender, ovens, broilers, range tops, steam kettles, grill, fryer, mixers, food processors, meat grinders, seam table, knives, etc.
- Maintain the “Clean As You Go” policy. Be responsible for maintaining the sanitation and cleaning schedules of the kitchen. Keep all storage areas neat, orderly, and clean.
- Supervise and assist with the break down of buffets and kitchen line, ensuring proper storage of food and equipment at the end of each meal period.
- Ensure that all employees practice safe work habits at all times to avoid injury to self or other employees.
- Assist, as necessary, with the following: Scheduling, ordering, cost controls, training, production charts, daily inventory charts, overseeing daily prep list and ensure completion.
- Assist in maintaining a key control system within the kitchen.
- Be familiar with the hotel’s emergency procedures.
- Aid in the security of food items; ensure the meat locker, storeroom and walk-ins are locked when not in use.
- Maintain high food quality standards in the kitchen and find ways to improve upon them.
- Follow all Health Department and Company regulations in regards to food and storage standards and safety.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all storage areas.
- Assist in training staff in the operation and maintenance of all kitchen equipment.
- Attending staff meetings, morning meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Ability to withstand temperature variations, both hot and cold.
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
- At least 3 years of related progressive experience or a culinary graduate with at least 1 year of progressive experience in a hotel or related field.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- F&B preparation techniques
- Health department rules and regulations
- Must be proficient in Windows, Excel Spreadsheets, and Word Processing
- Must exhibit time management and attention to detail skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently
- Follow and enforce all hotel standards
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends & holidays.Apply Now