Buffet Line Attendant
Food and Beverage
Responsible for ensuring replacement of food stations on the buffet and cleanliness of the buffet line. Also responsible for being knowledge of all buffet offerings to be able to engage with guests and make appropriate item suggestions.
Duties and responsibilities
- Constantly provides customers with accurate information about the venue and property
- Each station should be continually wiped down and cleaned up.
- Rotate food and beverages by using the oldest first.
- Making sure serving food portions are accurate.
- Maintain clean and sanitary environment with knowledge of proper food handling, storage, and sanitation.
- Assist co-workers in cleaning outlet before and after shift.
- Be aware of guests’ needs; assist in providing a pleasant dining experience.
- Cleans floors around buffet stations to maintain a clean and safe working environment for guests and employees at all times.
- Make sure all food items are stored properly according to health department regulations.
- Make sure all working areas and equipment are properly cleaned and sanitized.
- Utilizes 10/5 rule when interacting with guests and providing them with a warm greeting and a positive parting remark showing gratitude for their business as appropriate.
- Ensure all cooking and electrical equipment is turned off at the end of the shift.
- Attends staff meetings, morning meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and stand. The employee is frequently required to reach, bend, stoop, shake, stir, pour, carry, push and lift objects up to 75 pounds. There is substantial repetitive motion of the wrists, hands and fingers.
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- ServSafe and/or RAMP certification preferred
- Previous experience in a high volume, service focused restaurant preferred.
- Possession of knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations and processes relating to food/alcohol serving and safety
- Excellent customer service skills
- Basic problem solving and decision making skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently or with a team
- Follow and enforce all hotel standards
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends & holidays.Apply Now