Responsible for assisting the “manager on duty” during their scheduled shifts while also providing a safe and fun environment for the visiting guests. This includes, but isn’t limited to: ensuring all safety requirements are met, providing outstanding guest service, communicating with guests and supervising other associates, helping our guests have a fun time, and all other duties as assigned. Must be 18 years of age or older to apply.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist Activities Manager as needed with scheduling, training and employee development.
- Be well versed in Activities Trail Guides and knowledgeable of current resort events, offerings and promotions.
- Work independently and collaboratively to complete assigned tasks and checklists
- Follow and implement scheduled plans and events
- Set up, clean-up and maintain materials for daily activities
- Supervise daily activities while pleasantly interacting and engage with guests by providing appropriate directions, materials, and assistance as needed
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Assist guests with issues and complaints, with empathy and a focus on guest satisfaction using supervisor support as necessary.
- Be knowledgeable and understand Birthday Package offerings and process for booking Birthday Parties
- Take daily resort photos for external and internal use
- Assist with and implement weekly mascot appearances
- Attending staff meetings, morning meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move items up to 20 pounds and must occasionally lift or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 1 year of experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate a computer
- Strong organizational skills required
- Positive interpersonal skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently
- Follow and enforce all hotel standards
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends & holidays.Apply Now