Aquatics Operations Supervisor
Aquatopia Indoor Waterpark
Responsible to uphold the standards set forth by Jeff Ellis and Associates and Aquatopia Indoor Waterpark. The Operations Supervisor will assist in the daily operations of the waterpark by taking a hands-on, team player approach and will be responsible for assisting the Operations Manager with the daily operations of the water park.
Duties and responsibilities
- Oversee safety while in the waterpark. This includes effective supervision, training, and demonstrations of a “think safe” attitude.
- Work to maintain an efficient, cooperative atmosphere among staff members
- Be able to communicate with staff members and guests in all situations including, but not limited to: disciplinary action, coaching, rule enforcement and maintain employee morale.
- Assist in promoting a positive environment and maintain employee morale
- Ability to respond to emergency situations and handle high stress situations on a daily basis.
- Oversees the safety of guest in use of our facilities by being available and visible on the pool deck, preforming VAT training in accordance with Jeff Ellis and Associates, and consistent supervision of lifeguard staff.
- Complete all required paperwork in a timely manner
- Leads sections of the water park on a daily basis ensuring rotation completion, fostering positive staff morale, and meeting safety and guest service standards.
- Attending staff meetings, morning meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to wet and or humid conditions; outside weather conditions and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Current Ellis and Associates License Preferred
- CPR/First Aid/AED certification preferred.
- At least 1 year previous experience in a role in an aquatic setting
- Knowledge of rules and regulations governing conduct of the public at pools
- Knowledge of swimming pool sanitation
- Basic problem solving and reasoning skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently
- Follow and enforce all hotel standards
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends & holidays.