Ski Patrol Director
In alignment with the Resort’s vision and mission, and organizational values, and under the direction of the Assistant General Manager, the Ski Patrol Director will be responsible and accountable for developing programs aimed at improving Guest and Employee safety while auditing current practices impacting the overall safety at the Resort.
1. Oversee and coordinate Ski Patrol daily activities as well as fall seasonal preparation and spring tear down.
2. Develop and adhere to approved annual operational plan and budget for the areas of responsibility.
3. Develop, implement and monitor daily, weekly, monthly and seasonal Service Guidelines and Checklists for all aspects of the departments.
4. Actively use key performance indicators (KPI’s) to track department’s performance and adjusts plans when appropriate.
5. Coordinates fluctuating work demands based on business volume and allocate staff and resources accordingly.
6. Follow up on all issues arising out of new accidents involving Guests and Employees in order to adjust operations and minimize a reoccurrence.
7. Actively participate in the development of the staff through on site and off-site recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and coaching.
8. Develop and Document all necessary training programs involved with Ski Patrol to include ongoing growth for team members
9. Coordinate and work with Volunteer Patrol Director for all programs and Scheduling – Including insurance of volunteer requirements and benefits program
10. Assist in benchmarking the competition and identifying the latest trends impacting the area of responsibility.
11. Audit all current operation and business practices in order to identify new risk exposure and communicates such to the Assistant General Manager
12. Insures compliance to OSHA standards.
13. Complete job performance evaluations in a timely manner.
14. Assist the Assistant General Manager in all other Ski Patrol duties as required.
· 10+ years’ experience in Ski Patrol operation preferred.
· Ability to ski all trails, participate in all activities at the Resort, and be able to access the entire property on and off skis required.
· Leadership, problem solving, organizational and communication skills required.
· Ability to work and get along well with others required.
· Strong customer service skills required.
· Current, valid driver’s license required as this position requires the operation of Company vehicles.
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) required.
Generally Accountable For:
· Complying with all Company and departmental safety standards.
· Complying with Company and departmental dress code.
· Adhering to the Customer Service Standards of Camelback Resort as well as all Company policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
· Participating in the business planning process for their department and the Resort.
· Actively supporting all Company initiatives.
· Communicating effectively with all members of the Camelback Resort team.
Work Conditions and Schedule:
· Career progression to a Full-Time Year-Round role may be considered based on staffing and team needs.
· Exposure to extreme temperatures and weather should be expected as work will, on most occasions, occur outdoors.
· Weekend, nights and holiday availability is required as well as flexibility with work schedule.
· During peak seasons, the schedule may require a work week schedule over 40 hours per week, including nights.
This job description is to be considered a general outline of the duties and responsibilities of this position and is subject to changes and revisions by Camelback Resort at any time. Responsibilities are listed as guidelines only and the job is not necessarily limited to these specifications.Apply Now