Public Area Attendant
Full and/or Part Time
Responsible for the daily cleaning and maintaining all public areas, offices, and restrooms. Must be 18 years of age or older to apply.
Duties and responsibilities
- Thoroughly clean sinks, toilets, urinals, mirrors, tiles, counters, walls, stalls, vents and floors using cleaning agents and equipment.
- Vacuum lobby and public areas as needed.
- Empty trash and vacuum offices as required.
- Sweep and mop the lobby and public restrooms.
- Empty trash, clear debris and dust the public areas.
- Clean resort entry doors on a regular basis to maintain a smudge free appearance.
- Keep passkey or master key secure and return to the Security Office at the end of every shift.
- Respond quickly and efficiently to all guest requests.
- Respond to guest questions. Provide guest assistance, directions, and information as requested.
- Attending staff meetings, morning meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day.
The employee must frequently lift and move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience in a related position preferred.
- Must exhibit time management and attention to detail skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently
- Follow and enforce all hotel standards
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends & holidays.Apply Now