Camelback resort planned reopening june 11th
We are looking forward to welcoming our guests back for incredible adventures in the Poconos fresh mountain air. Opening that day will be Camelback Lodge, Aquatopia Indoor Waterpark and Camelback Mountain Adventures. Camelbeach opening date is pending clearance from state officials and we’ll keep you posted.
As we prepare to reopen we want to reassure you and put your mind at ease by sharing with you the steps we have taken to provide a safe and clean environment for everyone.
CLEANLINESS, PHYSICAL DISTANCING AND SAFETY
We have continued best in class cleanliness and safety practices in addition to requirements set by the CDC and local government. We continue to develop protocols to offer the ultimate safe, clean and fun environment, including:
- Lodge will open only 35% of guest room to provide plenty of space.
- All carpets have been deep cleaned with a CDC-approved disinfectant.
- On-going sanitization and disinfection of all guestrooms and public spaces, with attention to high touch areas such as doorknobs, elevator buttons, remote controls and phones.
- Touchless hand sanitizing stations are placed throughout the resort for guests and associates.
- Staff awareness training has been conducted, including review of guest assistance procedures and instructions that any unwell staff members must stay home.
- Lobby Greeter provides guest with amenity bag with masks, hand sanitizer and COVID-19 awareness card.
- We have created the highest standards to ensure physical distancing. Restaurant tables and other physical layouts will be arranged to ensure appropriate distancing.
- We have exclusive areas to accommodate private gatherings.
To learn more about our current cleanliness programs, please see the additional sections below.
FLEXIBLE BOOKING POLICY
Our team understands you may feel concerns in planning to travel currently, we want to provide flexibility and reassurance to our guests. If you have an upcoming reservation and wish to rebook, you will be able to apply your deposit to any future stay up through April 1st, 2021. In association with this, you may cancel at anytime for any reason from time of booking up until 72 hours prior to arrival. If you cancel less than 72 hours prior to arrival the deposit will be forfeited.
The beauty of Camelback Resort is the breadth of our campus – sprawling across 166 acres with plenty of open space, incredible outdoor activities and exciting adventures in the fresh mountain air. June is just around the corner and now you can start dreaming about the perfect family getaway. Imagine the warmth of the sun on your face and the fresh mountain air as you zoom down our mountain coaster, enjoy a hike with the family, zip down the 1,000’ zip lines and more. Book Now
We can’t wait to have the whole family laughing, splashing, and creating unforgettable memories together. Camelback wants to provide all guests with the comfort of mind that you can enjoy your stay and feel safe. We look forward to opening our doors to see your smiling faces.
President & Managing Director of Camelback Resort
Camelback Resort Team Members will undergo COVID Safety & Sanitation Protocol Training before guest arrive on site.
- Appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) will be worn by all employees based on their role and responsibilities and in adherence with state or local regulations and guidance.
- All associates will be provided a mask and required to wear that mask while on property.
- Gloves will be provided to associates whose responsibilities require them as determined by medical experts including housekeeping, public area attendants and security officers in direct contact with guests.
Upon arrival to the property all guests, vendors and employees will go through a wellness screening at the main entrance. This will include observation for overt symptoms and taking each person’s temperature with a no-touch infrared thermometer.
Our staff will discreetly offer a secondary wellness screening by a Camelback EMT. There a second temperature reading will be taken, should there be a fever, the party will be directed to medical care and provided with information based on the CDC, State and Local guidance. No one within the party will be given access to the resort. Should this take place Camelback will provide a refund for the guest’s stay.
We will have a wellness station set up on site where our staff will discreetly offer you a wellness screening, should a fever or other symptom be observed we will direct you to medical care and provided with information based on the CDC, State and Local guidance. We will then offer a refund on any portion of the reservation not utilized.
In an abundance of care, during this on-going situation we are suspending all Valet and Bell Services.
- All parking lots will be open for guest self-parking.
- Bell carts and self-service luggage carts will be available and sanitized between each use by a Camelback employee. Each cart should be returned to the main lobby after guest is finished.
We want to assure you that we are working to create a smooth and seamless process for everyone while practicing physical distancing with limited physical interactions.
- Lobby Greeter provides guest with an amenity bag with masks, hand sanitizer and COVID-19 awareness card. They will also provide guidance to arriving and departing guests to ensure physical distancing measures are followed.
- Clear plexiglass barriers installed at each front desk workstation and at the concierge desk.
- Cash transactions will be eliminated (in lieu of this a gift card purchase option will be offered).
- Between guest check-ins/outs all guest touchpoints will be sanitized.
- Guests will be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from other groups of people not traveling with them while standing in lines, using elevators or moving around the property.
There will be limited housekeeping services available upon request, however we have created a new procedure to ensure limited interaction between guests and employees.
- At check-in front desk agents will review housekeeping/turndown service offerings to you.
- A small self-sanitizing kit will be placed in each guest’s room. Housekeeping will not be offering turndown service or stayover service.
- Should you need fresh linens, they will be provided to your room in a sealed bag along with a second bag for used linen. All used linen or towels are to be placed into the empty bag and left outside your door for housekeeping to collect.
- Industry leading cleaning and sanitizing protocols are used to clean guest rooms, with particular attention paid to high-touch items including television remote controls, toilet seats and handles, door and furniture handles, water faucet handles, nightstands, telephones, in-room control panels, light switches, temperature control panels, alarm clocks, luggage racks and flooring.
- Extra pillows and blankets stored in the guest room closets will be removed and available upon guest request.
- All guest amenities to be packaged before being placed in room.
Currently we will be limiting the operations for F&B in order to ensure service and guest safety.
The following outlets will be open:
- Hemispheres – Breakfast will be family style (order delivered to table) and Lunch/Dinner will offer a limited a la carte menu.
- Seating will be limited to 100 guests per seating. You can call to make a reservation or set this up upon check-in.
- Will text guest on call ahead wait lists to notify them upon seating availability to prevent any social gathering in lobby areas.
- Colonial Commons – Limited lunch menu, grab and go option only.
- Flyboys – Lunch limited menu, grab and go food/bar option only.
- Graffiti Pizza – Dinner only, will open after Colonial Commons closes for the day. This will be grab and go option only, no room delivery available. Must call-in order ahead of time.
- Neptunes – Dinner grab and go food/bar option only. Also, a grocery style market will be set up in this area so families can also prepare food in their rooms.
All chefs are ServSafe certified. This is a national program to teach safe-food preparation and handling.
- Our trained professionals have ensured all dishwashing equipment temperatures are correct.
- Food preparation and food handling meet and exceed all state requirements.
- Restaurant tables and other physical layouts will be arranged to ensure appropriate distancing.
- Dining tables, bar tops, stools and chairs to be sanitized after each use.
- Food preparation stations to be sanitized at least once per hour.
- Kitchens to be deep cleaned and sanitized at least once per day.
We continue our extreme cleaning procedures within the waterpark, these techniques are our daily practices for ensuring the safety and health of our guests.
- Chemicals and safety protocol for all pools, rides and slides meet and exceed industry standards.
- In addition to our normal electronic constant monitoring of pool sanitization chemicals, you will notice constant manual checks of our levels.
- As the CDC states, "There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs. Proper operation, maintenance and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine and bromine) of pools and hot tubs should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19."
- No pairing of different parties in group rafts.
- Waterpark locker rooms and Waterpark common areas are cleaned and disinfected utilizing CDC approved disinfectant throughout the resort.
- Chaise lounge chairs and Cabanas to be sanitized after each use and will be electrostatically sanitized overnight.
- Cabanas to be pressure washed and sanitized each night.
- Towel desk, entry kiosks and all other desks and counters to be sanitized at least once per hour.
- Lifeguard stands to be sanitized upon rotation.
- Sanitize high frequency touch points (Door handles, push plates, thresholds and hand railings, tables and chairs, trash cans, etc) will be continuously sanitized.
Our team understands you may feel concerns in planning to travel currently, we want to provide flexibility and reassurance to our guests. If you have an upcoming reservation and wish to rebook, you will be able to apply your deposit to any future stay up through April 1st, 2021. In association with this, you may cancel at any time for any reason from time of booking up until 72 hours prior to arrival. If you cancel less than 72 hours prior to arrival the deposit will be forfeited.
If your reservation was cancelled (stays March 17 – June 10, 2020) and you wish to rebook at a future stay, we will honor your reservation. Availability for these new stays will be through April 1st, 2021. Please call 855.515.1283 and our reservations team will be happy to assist you. As you can imagine, call wait time may be higher than ideal, so you can also reach the team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any other questions you may have.
Camelback Resort has been a part of the local community for over 50 years. We've seen good times and hard times. This is certainly one of the hardest, but we’re in this together! Camelback Cares is a program that [CamelbackResort.com/Cares] supports our local community, frontline workers and associates with resources and special rate plans.