Construction of the $163 million Camelback Lodge & Indoor Waterpark in the Pocono Mountains, the largest indoor waterpark and hotel development ever constructed in the U.S. in a single phase, is well underway and on schedule to open next spring!
Land excavation of the 25-acre site located at the base of Camelback Mountain is now complete. The steel and concrete superstructure is underway for the hotel and construction is now going vertical as the first and second floors of the eight-story hotel are being framed in. Crews continue to make progress with the more complex superstructure that will support the 170,000 square-foot dry and wet family entertainment center. In the weeks ahead, the walls will be erected on what will be the largest indoor waterpark in the Northeast!
Facts about Camelback Lodge & Indoor Waterpark
- Largest capital improvement in the 50 year history of Camelback Resort
- Largest indoor waterpark resort ever constructed in the U.S. in a single phase
- 500 jobs created during the construction process; more than half of which are local
- It will take nearly 1 million person-hours to design and build
- Sheer project size:
- 580,000 square foot hotel and indoor waterpark complex – that’s 10x bigger than the White House!
- 12,000 cubic yards of concrete – that’s about 1,300 truckloads
- 250 miles of electrical wire throughout the building – enough to stretch from Philadelphia to Camelback Mountain… and back again!
- 2.1 million square feet of dry wall throughout the building
- 7,500 energy efficient and LED lights throughout the building
- 170,000 square foot family entertainment center and indoor waterpark complex
- 52,000 square feet of Texlon transparent roof over the waterpark
- Indoor waterslides will total nearly a mile in length if combined (4,500 feet!)
- Three miles of underground waterpark pipe
Media & PR
Media Contact | Erin Ruppenthal